ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
1. All classes, practice sessions, promotion tests, contests, seminars, and other such events will be conducted by trained instructors. While reasonable care will be taken to prevent injuries and minimize accidents, due to the physical nature of contact which occurs during martial arts training members assume all risks associated with any and all above-referenced events in any Enshin Karate and Kaizen MMA locations. Additionally, the Buyer(s) agree to comply with the Rules and Regulations of the Company. These Rules and Regulations may be provided verbally or may be posted at the Enshin and Kaizen MMA facilities. Should any member disregard the Rules or Regulations, his or her membership may be cancelled. Buyers understand that no one shall practice free sparring, weapons techniques or any self-defense until such practice has been approved by the instructors. It has been explained to the Buyers that the above course of instruction involves a certain level of physical contact with the instructor and/or other members, which may at times result in personal injuries. It has been explained to the Buyers that all martial arts related events involve hard physical exercises. The Buyers agree they have no knowledge of any physical condition which would make them unable to safely participate in the class session or contests. The Buyers understand that in order to advance in rank, they must take promotional examination at least one per year. Each promotional examination requires an additional fee which is NOT included into the tuition rate specified by this Agreement. The Buyers understand that the fees will vary from one examination to another and that such fees must be paid prior to an examination. Likewise, the Buyers understand that they are required to purchase their own safety equipment which will be necessary for certain classes, including but not limited to sparring and all promotional examinations after the introductory level. The Buyers understand that this requires additional fees which are not included into the tuition rates specified by this Agreement. The Buyers understand that Enshin Karate Kaizen MMA facilities are not a Health Spa but organization primarily operated for the purpose of teaching a particular form of self-defense(s). I understand that every location is individually owned and operated as well.
2. The Buyers will be in default if they breach any of this Agreements terms and/or conditions, or if they fail to pay any installments when due. The Buyers have a right to cure their by making a required payment in full within 7 days after the date when such installment is due. The Buyers’ membership automatically will be renewed if they are on (monthly, 3 month, or yearly membership plan) unless notice of cancellation given to this center two weeks prior to expiration date by email or by mail. Buyers are not required to have signed each and every renewal as the first signature on original agreement holds valid for all renewals buy the facility on the Buyer’s behalf. I (The Buyer) am aware of automatic renewal policy and permit this action to be made on my behalf upon registering into this agreement. The Buyers are in default if they repudiate this agreement. If they are in default, their membership privileges may be denied. Acceptance of any payment after default will not release the Buyers from any obligation under this agreement. In the event of a default, the Company may declare any and all unpaid installments of the total payments and all other indebtedness hereby immediately due and payable by Buyer to the Company. In the event of acceleration (if company permitted the cancellation), the Buyer will be credited with the same rebate of unearned finance charge as set forth in paragraph 6.
3. Other than in the event of a Company-permitted cancellation, the Buyers will not be relieved of the obligation to make any payment in accordance with this contract, and no deduction of allowance from any payment shall be made due to any absence or withdrawal of the buyer from the Company’s programs or due to the buyers failure to attend such program. Payments are applied first to any past due obligations, then to fees or charges assessed if any, and then in the order in which they are scheduled to be made; provided, however, the late charges will not be assessed if the only delinquency is attributed to a late charge assessed on a prior payment. The Buyers shall not be relieved of obligations to make any payment of the membership fee herein agreed to, and no deduction of allowance from any of said payments shall be made.
4. This Agreement may be assigned by the Company and, if so assigned the word Company will also mean the company to which this agreement is assigned or transferred. If this agreement is assigned, the assignee will be entitled to exercise any and all rights and powers of the Company hereunder, but (notwithstanding anything in this Agreement to the contrary) Assignee shall not be chargeable with any obligations or liabilities of the Company hereunder, or with respect thereto. In the event of assignment, the Company reserves its right to assert any defenses it has or may have under this agreement or with respect thereto. Memberships are not transferable or assignable by the Buyer unless agreed to in writing by the Company.
5. A $20 fee or the maximum amount permitted by law (including cost and expenses incurred by the Company in connection with the collection of any returned check or other item) will be charged for any returned check or item. The Buyers shall be given a written receipt for any payment which is made in cash.
6. Should the Company need to take action to enforce this Agreement, the Buyers shall be responsible for the Company’s costs incurred, including but not limited to any attorney fees equal to 33% of the amount due under the contract plus court costs and expenses incurred in collecting the amount.
7. Except as prevented by act of God, war, strike, weather, pandemics, and any or all other cause beyond the Company’s control, the Company shall, during the terms of Buyers membership, maintain its Martial Arts facility and the supervision thereof substantially as at the date of this Agreement. The Company reserves the right and privilege at any time hereafter to replace, alter or change staff roster at Company’s locations, to close its facilities or alter the schedule thereof, and privileges and rights granted to the Buyer herein to use the facility and the equipment. Classes and equipment are available subject to demand and may be crowded at peak hours, or may be discontinued or rescheduled if demand fluctuates. Class times and instructors are subject to change without any notice required. The Company has full ability to hold and validate an equal value of membership on I (The Buyer/Prospects’) behalf for the unoccupied membership
8. The Buyers agree that they are aware that they are engaging in physical exercise, including the use of equipment, training, testing, weapons, and instruction, where injuries may be caused. The Buyers are voluntarily participating in these activities and assume all risk of injury to the Buyers. The Buyers should consult with a physician before engaging in classes. The Buyers agree they will not participate in any class with any medical condition, including open cuts, abrasions, sores, infections, maladies, or inability to maintain hygiene, if such a condition poses a direct threat to the health and safety of themselves or others, and agree they will use the facilities provided in accordance with all public health requirements. It is the Buyers responsibility to consult a physician to determine if any of such medical conditions exist and, if so, whether such any condition(s) poses a direct threat to the health or safety of themselves or others. The Company assignees, employees, officers and/or agents are not liable for any injury or loss of life during operation indoor or outdoors (during transportation). Similarly, the Buyers agree that such injury or loss may be used as a defense brought by the Company or assignees.
9. The Buyers have carefully read this waiver and release and fully understand it is assignees. The Buyers have carefully read this waiver and release and fully understand it is a release of liability. The Buyers further agree to release the Company from any liability for the loss or theft of personal property. The Company will not make any evaluation or recommendation on whether the Buyers are sufficiently fit for any exercise activities. It is always advisable to consult a physician before participating in a physical exercise program.
10. PAYMENT PLAN: If the Buyers have selected the AMS payment plan, they are authorizing the Company, or its agents or assignee, to make changes to or withdrawals from the account the Buyers have specified for membership fee transactions (until paid in full). If the Buyers notify the Company that they choose to pay the outstanding balance of their membership fee, the Company may charge or withdraw from the Buyer account the full amount of such balance. If for any reason the Buyers do not continue to pay their membership fee through an AMS Payment plan, and this is agreed to by the Company, then the Buyers agree to make their regular monthly payments until paid or the company will have the right to process the payment through the billing system (AMS) again and withdraw the full amount from buyers’ credit card or bank account. All agreements are subject to automatic renewal unless a note of cancellation is received by mail or email and has been approved and validated by said Company.
11. This Agreement constitutes the entire and exclusive Agreement between parties. Any promises, representations, understandings, and/or agreements pertaining directly or indirectly to this Agreement that are not contained herein, are hereby waived. This Agreement may be modified only in writing; however, the Company and/or assignee of this Agreement are hereby authorized to correct any errors in the Agreement. This Agreement may not be modified or altered in any way except in writing, signed by both parties. No verbal changes are binding.
12. The Agreement will be governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, excluding the conflicts of law principles. If any part of this Agreement is held invalid, such invalidity shall not affect the remaining provisions hereof. The Buyer agrees that exclusive jurisdiction for the enforcement of either parties’ rights under this contract, or which in any way are elected by this Agreement, is in the Circuit Court of Fairfax County, Virginia. The Buyers further agree that any action brought against the company, or any of its employees, under this contract, or for personal injury, shall be brought within 1 year after injury or breach, whichever occurs first.
13. The Company can delay or refrain from enforcing any of its rights under this Agreement without losing them. For example, the Company can extend the time for making some payments without extending others.
14. All correspondence must be submitted by registered or certified mail to the location they registered. In the event of membership cancellation, the Buyers must return with their notice any contract, membership card, or other document or evidence of membership.
15. AFTER-SCHOOL PROGRAM: If enrolled in the after-school program, The buyers understand that the tuition is based on a monthly rate. Regardless of the number of weeks in each month, there is no refund if they miss a part or the whole program due to illness, vacation, and or withdrawal. Sep 1 is considered as the 1 day of school and the billing cycle is the 1 day of each month even if schools are closed for the first few days. The beginning of the FCPS School Year is subject to change from presented dates and the agreement will demonstrate the following an adequate/appropriate level of flexibility in the matter of change. The buyers also understand If, on the month-to-month plan, a notice of cancellation should be given two weeks before the payment due date in writing, or a penalty of $200 will apply to the buyers’ account. The buyers understand that with NO EXCEPTION there will be a late pick-up fee of $10 per 10 minutes. The buyer understands that all full-day camps teacher workdays and weekly camps (such as Winter or Spring Break) are available for additional costs.
16. NOT A DAYCARE: I understand that the School is not a daycare facility but rather a martial arts school/learning center and that their intent is to teach the physical, mental, and emotional skills of the martial arts. I acknowledge that they are not responsible for the supervision and care of my child(ren) who attends the Schools after school program, summer camp, or any other program or event. Further, I authorize that my child(ren) are free to come and go from the school and do not have to attend the martial art school if they do not wish to do so.
17. CANCELLATION: If the buyers move their residence and work more than 25 miles from one to all Kaizen MMA facilities (proof must be provided), your membership may be transferred or canceled if the request of cancellation is made in written and a cancellation fee of $200 will apply to the buyers’ account. In addition to the $200 cancellation fee, the buyers agree to pay the membership difference which is based on the $140 month-to-month membership plan, times the number of the month the buyers were taking classes. Members may cancel this agreement if written proof (verified by a physician) is submitted stating that the use of our facilities and services would impair the member’s health during the term of this agreement. The disability or condition preventing the use of the facility must be permanent and must be accompanied by a physician’s note. A hold or transfer of credits will be held in honor of the Buyer for up to a year maximum due to cancellation circumstances upon approval of said case from The Company and affiliates' decision. Credits held on the account are on a case-by-case decision and will be decided upon in a fair manner of business. I (The Buyer) hereby understand that I must use my credits within a year’s time frame and cannot nor will not hold this to the law as this is an arrangement made between The Company and I (The Buyer) the Prospect of my account.
18. FREEZING THE MEMBERSHIP: The buyers have the right to freeze their membership for one month upon agreement once a year. In this case, they may not get charged for that month. I (The Buyer) hereby acknowledged that I am still responsible for the value of the agreement, freezing the membership does not invalidate the obligation from me from the entirety and or liability of the agreement.
19. COVID-19: I understand that while Service Provider has undertaken reasonable steps to lessen the risk of transmission of COVID-19 in connection with the Services, Service Provider is not responsible in any manner for any risks related to COVID-19 in connection with the Services. I understand that the World Health Organization has classified the COVID-19 outbreak as a pandemic. I further understand that COVID-19 is a highly contagious and dangerous disease and that contact with the virus that causes COVID-19 may result in significant personal injury or death. I am fully aware that participation in the Services (including any related travel) carries with it certain inherent risks related to COVID-19 transmission (Inherent Risks) that cannot be eliminated regardless of the care taken to avoid such risks. Inherent Risks may include, but are not limited to, (1) the risk of coming into close contact with individuals or objects that may be carrying COVID-19; (2) the risk of transmitting or contracting COVID-19, directly or indirectly, to or from other individuals; and (3) injuries and complications ranging in severity from minor to catastrophic, including death, resulting directly or indirectly from COVID-19 or the treatment thereof. Further, I understand that the risks of COVID-19 are not fully understood, and that contact with, or transmission of, COVID-19 may result in risks including but not limited to loss, personal injury, sickness, death, damage, and expense, the exact nature of which are not currently ascertainable, and all of which are to be considered Inherent Risks. I hereby voluntarily accept and assume all risks of loss, personal injury, sickness, death, damage, and expense arising from such Inherent Risks. Furthermore, I represent and warrant that I do not suffer from any medical condition or disease that might in any way hinder or prevent me from receiving the Services, including, to my knowledge, COVID-19.
20. SUMMER CAMP: If enrolled in the Summer Camp Program buyers understand that they will have to pay the full amount for the weeks they selected on Summer Camp Calendar, even in case of illness, vacation, or withdrawal. Weekly summer camp fees are to reserve space for those particular weeks, and buyers agree to pay even if they don’t attend the camp. Summer Camp is non-refundable and is based on registration not upon attendance.
21. PHOTOGRAPHS: I hereby authorize the center and its agents, successors, and assigns to photograph me and/or my child(ren) and/or use our images and voice records without restriction and to utilize such photographs and/or voice transcriptions for any commercial purpose, including but not limited to the promotion and marketing of the school, and we agree that we shall not be entitled to receive any compensation whatsoever of any kind as a result of such use.
I have read, understood, and agree with all provisions of this Agreement
Parent/Legal Guardian (Buyer):______________________________ Date:______________