The undersigned ("Member"), desires to enter into this contract with Charleston Judo and Jiu-jitsu LLC (“The Company”), dba Charleston Self Defense, to become a trial member of Charleston Self Defense Academy ("The Gym"), and agrees to the following terms and conditions:
1. HEALTH ATTESTATION: Member represents and warrants that they are healthy and fully able to participate in the activities of Charleston Self Defense Academy without undue risk. If there is any hesitation, member should consult doctor before entering into membership agreement.
2. PAYMENT OF MEMBERSHIP FEES and Trial Start Date:
The trial costs $60 / person for a 14 day unlimited gym membership trial. The trial starts on the date of first class visit, or no later than 6 months from the date of trial purchase.
Payment is non-refundable.
3. MEMBERSHIP ACCESS. Member will be entitled to access The Gym during its hours of operation as posted on website. Members can bring one (1) guest for a single trial class at no charge. Should Member violate any conditions of Membership Access, the membership may be revoked with no refund, and criminal prosecution may be applicable.
4. DEBIT/EFT AUTHORIZATION:
I authorize my bank to make my payment by the method(s) indicated through this online purchase, or any other payment method I may have on file or used within facility that may not be listed below, and post it to my account.
5. RULES AND REGULATIONS. Rules and regulations in effect for the safety and security of our members. Facilities, equipment, hours, service, regulations and policies are subject to change from time to time, without prior notice, at the sole discretion of Charleston Self Defense Academy. Member agrees to accept such reasonable change(s) as a condition of membership. Member additionally recognizes a. Under no circumstances shall Member move exercise equipment or use the equipment in any manner not authorized by Charleston Self Defense Academy. b. All equipment shall be wiped down by Member after each use, with the supplies provided by Charleston Self Defense Academy. c. This membership is for Member(s) within this agreement only, Member(s) cannot give access to another individual. d. All members must be at least eighteen (18) years of age, unless otherwise authorized by Charleston Self Defense Academy. e. Members shall conduct themselves in a well-mannered fashion, profanity or indecent language and/or behavior will not be tolerated. Any conduct deemed by Charleston Self Defense Academy, in its sole discretion, to be offensive, potentially harmful, dangerous or abusive will not be tolerated, and shall be grounds for termination of Member's membership. f. Charleston Self Defense Academy shall not be responsible for any lost or stolen items. g. The climate of the Facility is controlled by Charleston Self Defense Academy staff only, members are NOT to tamper/change climate control devices.
6. SUSPENSION. I understand that Charleston Self Defense Academy may suspend or terminate my membership at any time, at its sole and absolute discretion, for non-payment of Membership Fees, violation of any of policies or procedures, for failure to follow instructions regarding safety, and that in so doing, Charleston Self Defense Academy assumes no further liability to adhere to the terms of this Agreement.
7. ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS. As a Member, I understand that I am entitled to use the Facility within the scope of the membership and program that I have selected, and that I am obligated to pay my dues and fees regardless of whether or not I use the Facility. I agree to promptly update Charleston Self Defense Academy of any change in my information (including address, telephone number or email address) or change in payment information. I certify that I have read the foregoing Membership Agreement, and that by signing below, I acknowledge that I understand and agree to be bound by all of the terms and conditions hereof. I further acknowledge that a fully executed copy of this Membership Agreement has been provided to me.